Technical Superintendent (m/f)
at our branch office near Rotterdam
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
In 2018, Ahrenkiel Steamship is opening a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we are setting up a third fleet team to manage our vessels. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
As technical superintendent, you are responsible for the technical ship management of part of our growing fleet.
Your duties include:
- Planning and monitoring of maintenance, repairs and dry docking of our vessels
- Monitoring of class survey intervals as well as coordination of service providers
- Monitoring the validity of certificates
- Inspection of planned maintenance work on the ships
- Development of the Planned Maintenance System for new tonnage
- Carrying out physical inspections on own and foreign tonnage
- Budget planning and monitoring
- Pre-joining briefing of engineers
- Monitoring technical performance of the fleet
- Sailing experience as engineer (management level), alternatively you have completed your studies preferably as an engineer in marine engineering or a comparable qualification
- You have experience as a technical superintendent in a ship management company
- Within the scope of your previous activities, you have already been able to demonstrate your distinct intercultural competence in dealing with a wide variety of nationalities
- You have proficient knowledge of written and spoken English
- You are characterized by a good work organization and convince through your strong team spirit as well as a high degree of reliability and loyalty
- The safe handling of the programs of the MS Office package
- This position requires you to be available for emergency response, even outside normal working hours
- EU working entitlement is essential