Manager Finance & Accounting (m/f)
at our branch office near Rotterdam
Ahrenkiel Steamship is a technical ship management company focusing mainly on container feeder tonnage. As a company that is part of the MPC Capital Group, Ahrenkiel Steamship offers its customers commercial management via Contchart, as well as investment management and access to the financial market via the MPC Capital Group. The MPC Capital Group is an internationally focused asset and investment manager of real asset investments and expert in providing institutional investors, family offices and other professional investors with superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping markets.
In 2018, Ahrenkiel Steamship is opening a branch office near Rotterdam. In addition to our two existing fleet teams in Hamburg, we are setting up a third fleet team to manage our vessels. Together we continually strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers.
You will be responsible for the complete finance and accounting for part of our fleet and manage the corresponding entities independently up to the annual financial statements.
Your duties include:
- Responsibility for all accounting activities of our Dutch entity
- Contact person for tax obligations and any reporting obligations to supervisory authorities
- Management responsibility for the accounting team
- Supervision of payment transactions and dunning
- Coordination of processes between the offices of Ahrenkiel Steamship and representatives of ship owners
- Co-operation with auditors with regards to annual financial statements and tax audits
- Interface to controlling at the Hamburg office
- You have a degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or have gained equivalent knowledge through professional experience
- You have several years of extensive professional experience in finance and accounting, ideally you have already become acquainted with the accounting of a shipping company
- A high degree of personal responsibility and reliability
- You enjoy working in a team with motivated colleagues and are flexible and open to new ideas
- Fluent English and Dutch language skills are required
- You also know how to use the programs of the MS Office package, especially Excel